Hypericum berries can add a dainty, whimsical feel in any floral arrangement. Simply arrange the woodsy stems with large blooms like garden roses or use with soft greenery for a handsome boutonniere for a picture-perfect look.
Number of Stems
- 10 stems per bunch (see photo/video for average bunch size)
- Each stem will have several clusters of berries with some greenery.
- Standard hypericum berries are an average size of ¼ to ½ inch.
Flower Design Type
- Texture flower
- Count the bunches as you are pulling them out of the box. Get in contact with us right away if anything is awry.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, some may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. Make sure everything has elbow room - no crowding.
- Some flowers will have lots of foliage on the stem, remove any that falls below the waterline of your containers. When removing foliage, be very careful and gentle to not damage the stem. Removing any foliage that falls below the waterline will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Start arranging your flowers that evening or the following morning. Your flowers will need time to perk up and open.
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones of the flowers may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every bud will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don't let this stress you out! It's totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of hypericum:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-7 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 4-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches