- Veronica is a DIY Bride's favorite texture element for all floral designs that needs a whisper of enchantment.
- They have beautiful movement, and give arrangements a dainty and delicate appearance.
- Their unique spherical shape and height allows them to peek above the rest of the arrangement, providing instant visual interest with a boho feel.
- Veronica doesn't have a super long vase life, so keep it in water, away from sunlight.
The stems can be very curvy, so it will need to be in a bouquet with other blooms to provide it structure.
Number of Stems
- 10 stems per bunch
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of veronica:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-8 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Boutineers: 1 stem
- Corsages: 1-3 stems
- Centerpieces: 3-5 stems
- Large Arrangements: 1- 2 bunches
- Count the bunches as you are pulling them out of the box. Get in contact with us right away if anything is awry.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, some may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. Make sure everything has elbow room - no crowding.
- Some flowers will have lots of foliage on the stem, remove any that falls below the waterline of your containers. When removing foliage, be very careful and gentle to not damage the stem. Removing any foliage that falls below the waterline will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Start arranging your flowers that evening or the following morning. Your flowers will need time to perk up and open.
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones of the flowers may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every bud will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don't let this stress you out! It's totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.