This leathery-leaved greenery is a great filler with its vibrant green color and unique texture.
Adds structure to wedding bouquets
Very large bunch size
So cost effective!
Hardy and versatile
Number of Stems
- Growers Bunch - 18-20 stems per bunch
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of salal:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-7 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Boutineers: N/A - too large of leaves
- Corsages: N/A - too large of leaves
- Centerpieces: 4-5 stems - very large leaves, so not appropriate for small centerpieces
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. With greenery you don't have to worry about crowding the same way you do with flowers.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the waterline of your containers, doing this will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Your greenery will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones and leaf shape of the greenery may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every stem will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don't let this stress you out! It's totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.