Small crepe-paper like petals that fluff together at the top of green stems. The stems are smooth with no foliage making it a very easy flower to use in all your designs.
Chic and trendy, these clustered flowers may be small but they pack a punch! With a foamy texture, stems of this filler flower will look both sophisticated and fun.
Statice is known for vase longevity (and they dry fantastically!).
Number of Stems
- 10 stems per bunch
Flower Design Type
- Texture or Volume flower
- Count the bunches as you are pulling them out of the box. Get in contact with us right away if anything is awry.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate, some may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. Make sure everything has elbow room - no crowding.
- Some flowers will have lots of foliage on the stem, remove any that falls below the waterline of your containers. When removing foliage, be very careful and gentle to not damage the stem. Removing any foliage that falls below the waterline will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Start arranging your flowers that evening or the following morning. Your flowers will need time to perk up and open.
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones of the flowers may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every bud will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don't let this stress you out! It's totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of statice:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/8 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs off a stem
- Corsages: 1-3 stems
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1- 2 bunches