Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Dagger fern is hardy, long lasting, and easy to work with.
- The long, elegant spears give a natural garden look to bouquets or centrepieces.
- Dagger Fern is characterized by its bright, fresh green colour.
Number of Stems
- Growers Bunch – between 15 and 20 stems
- Average stem length: 15 to 20 inches
For information about general greenery care and important notes about quality, check out our Care Guide
- Note that the leaves are somewhat delicate and can occasionally need a trim with scissors to maintain shape.
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. With greenery you don’t have to worry about crowding the same way you do with flowers.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the waterline of your containers, doing this will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Your greenery will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones and leaf shape of the greenery may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every stem will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don’t let this stress you out! It’s totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of dagger fern:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/6 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/8 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches