Indy & Dylan
Indy and Dylan were married at the Calgary Zoo – if you’re in Alberta and haven’t thought of this location, you should def think about it! There are multiple spots within the zoo to have your reception, and think about it… photos with penguins!
July 31 2021
Q: How long have you been together?
A: Together since high school
Q: What was one of the funnest part of the day?
A: Reception was so fun we forgot to cut the cake!
Q: What was the theme of the wedding?
A: The zoo was kinda the theme, each table was a different golden zoo animal. We had free reign of the zoo after hours.
It was suuuper hot outside, so a bunch of us found shelter in the cold penguin exhibit during cocktail hour
Q: Why did you decide to DIY your wedding flowers?
A: Budget was the reason for diy flowers for sure and we had a friend with experience. Best tip i learned from her: make the brides bouquet first! It will be as big and bold as she wants and then the bridal party arrangements fall into place. The brides will be for sure the biggest.
Q: Any tips for people who are considering DIY their wedding flowers?
- Triple-checking orders 🤣we forgot one of the flowers needed and had to buy overpriced last minute. We checked the order list so many times but forgot.
- And googling the different rose colours in bouquets was helpful.
Their Flower Order:
- Hypericum (Cream) x 1
- Beat Grass x 1
- Eucalyptus – Seeded x 1
- Eucalyptus – Silver Dollar x 1
- Eucalyptus – Feather x 1
- Eucalyptus – Parvifolia x 2
- Astrantia (White) x 1
- Queen Annes Lace x 1
- Carnations Standard (Cream) x 1
- Roses Standard (Quicksand) x 1
- Photographer: Alyse Lakeman Photography
- Second Shooter: Jayme Rashelle Photography
- Catering: The Zoo does the catering
- Flowers: You Floral