Astilbe – Pink – 10 stem bu
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Astilbe has a soft beautiful ombre pink/white appearance.
- The flower is full and compact, with short stems. There is one bloom per stem, with multiple small flowers that “spray” off the stem
- Astilbe is also known as goat’s beard, or false spirea.
- This flower is a bit iffy for availability, if its not available, we will let you know and offer a substitute.
Number of Stems
- 10 stems per bunch
Flower Design Type
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Astilbe has a limited vase life, we sugest treating it with Quick Dip. If you’re getting it on Wedesday (for a Saturday wedding) it will last that long no problem.
Specific Flower Care
- Anemones have a couple unique things about them that are worth mentioning, to ensure that they have a long and happy life!
- Anenomes are delicate, so be careful with them while arranging, and store them in a small, dedicated vase while waiting for them to open up.
- Choose a flared vase to allow the blooms to spread out. Ensure the vase or bucket you choose is less than 3/4 the height of your stems to avoid squishing the blooms.
- The soft stems can be bent easily if held too tightly. Hold gently. If a stem happens to bend, use heavy-gauge floral wire and stem wrap to support the stem.
- Anemones can open quite quickly if kept in warm temperatures. Keep cool, cut and put into cold water. Allow to sit out overnight at a warmer temperature the day before you need them to bloom.
- Mature blooms may shed their dark pollen onto the white petals. Gently blow on the bloom to remove the pollen or use a pipe cleaner to very gently wipe it away.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of astilbe:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Boutineers: 1/4 a stem
- Corsages: 1 -2 stems
- Centerpieces: 3-4 stems
- Large Arrangements: 8- 10 stems