Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Baby’s Breath or gypsophilia is a dazzling snow-like white filler flower that can be used to accent your favourite flowers, or bunched together on its own for a dreamy cloud of white.
- This is one of the most popular filler flowers we sell, it has a long vase life and dries very well!
- Perfect for the classic white wedding, a bohemian vibe, or a sweet country garden wedding look.
- Use sparingly for airy, sculptural designs, or in masses for a full and lush feel.
- Average stem length is a minimum of 20 inches and a maximum of 31.5 inches.
- Stems are branchy and can be separated to get the most out of each one.
- If you’re looking for a beautiful and easy way to decorate a wedding aisle, babies breath in tin style buckets is a great idea (use about 1/3 bunch per vessel).
- There are lots of varieties of babies breath, we usually send you the variety called ‘Million Star’.
Number of Stems
- Babies breath is sold by growers bunch, which is 250 grams/bunch. The number of stems varies depending on what variety we have in stock, so best is to review the images and videos to see what an average bunch size looks like. The stem count varies from 13-20 stems per bunch. If there are less stems, it means that the flowers are bigger/more volumous, so they will occupy more space in your arrangements.
- We usually send million star variety, or the ‘overtime’ variety.
- Babies breath takes about 24 hours to hydrate, it will be wrapped in plastic or cloth, and needs time to fluff out. Its critical that you cut the ends with pruners (not scissors) and put in water as soon as you receive the product.
Flower Design Type
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Specific Flower Care
- Baby’s breath may arrive with some broken stems – this is normal due to the nature of variety.
- The stems tend to get a bit compacted upon shipping, take the bunch outside and gently shake/tease apart the blooms.
- Gently separate stems and clip off any bent branches to use for boutonnieres, corsages, or small vase arrangements!
- Optional: Use Quick Dip (a floral product, sold at Michaels/Amazon) to briefly submerge your stems in upon arrival to encourage blossoms to open for an even fuller look.
- Baby’s breath has a strong fragrance that can be unpleasant (to some people) in large quantities. Avoid using in masses on dinner tables if you’re a scent sensitive person!
- Baby’s breath can be manipulated and trimmed/sculpted to create round forms for pomanders and topiary-style arrangements.
- Very well suited for installation work, baby’s breath can be kept out of water for long periods – perfect for archways, pew markers, garlands, and other decor.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of babies breath:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 2-3 bunches