Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Baby’s Breath or gypsophilia is a dazzling snow-like white filler flower that can be used to accent your favourite flowers, or bunched together on its own for a dreamy cloud of white.
- This is one of the most popular filler flowers we sell, it has a long vase life and dries very well!
- Perfect for the classic white wedding, a bohemian vibe, or a sweet country garden wedding look.
- Use sparingly for airy, sculptural designs, or in masses for a full and lush feel.
- Average stem length is a minimum of 20 inches and a maximum of 31.5 inches.
- Stems are branchy and can be separated to get the most out of each one.
- If you’re looking for a beautiful and easy way to decorate a wedding aisle, babies breath in tin style buckets is a great idea (use about 1/3 bunch per vessel).
- There are lots of varieties of babies breath, we usually send you the variety called ‘Million Star’.
Number of Stems
- 17-20 stems per bunch
- Note that ocassionally, million star variety isn’t available, and we will substitute with the ‘overtime’ variety. This variety has bigger, more volumous blooms, but note that stem count is smaller (13-17 stems)
Flower Design Type
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Specific Flower Care
- Baby’s breath may arrive with some broken stems – this is normal due to the nature of variety.
- The stems tend to get a bit compacted upon shipping, take the bunch outside and gently shake/tease apart the blooms.
- Gently separate stems and clip off any bent branches to use for boutonnieres, corsages, or small vase arrangements!
- Optional: Use Quick Dip (a floral product, sold at Michaels/Amazon) to briefly submerge your stems in upon arrival to encourage blossoms to open for an even fuller look.
- Baby’s breath has a strong fragrance that can be unpleasant (to some people) in large quantities. Avoid using in masses on dinner tables if you’re a scent sensitive person!
- Baby’s breath can be manipulated and trimmed/sculpted to create round forms for pomanders and topiary-style arrangements.
- Very well suited for installation work, baby’s breath can be kept out of water for long periods – perfect for archways, pew markers, garlands, and other decor.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of babies breath:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 2-3 bunches