Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Baby’s Breath or gypsophilia is a dazzling snow-like white filler flower that can be used to accent your favourite flowers, or bunched together on its own for a dreamy cloud of white.
- This is one of the most popular filler flowers we sell, it has a long vase life and dries very well!
- Perfect for the classic white wedding, a bohemian vibe, or a sweet country garden wedding look.
- Use sparingly for airy, sculptural designs, or in masses for a full and lush feel.
- Average stem length is a minimum of 20 inches and a maximum of 31.5 inches.
- Stems are branchy and can be separated to get the most out of each one.
- If you’re looking for a beautiful and easy way to decorate a wedding aisle, babies breath in tin style buckets is a great idea (use about 1/3 bunch per vessel).
- There are lots of varieties of babies breath, we usually send you the variety called ‘Million Star’.
Number of Stems
- 20 stems per bunch
Flower Design Type
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Specific Flower Care
- Baby’s breath may arrive with some broken stems – this is normal due to the nature of variety.
- The stems tend to get a bit compacted upon shipping, take the bunch outside and gently shake/tease apart the blooms.
- Gently separate stems and clip off any bent branches to use for boutonnieres, corsages, or small vase arrangements!
- Optional: Use Quick Dip (a floral product, sold at Michaels/Amazon) to briefly submerge your stems in upon arrival to encourage blossoms to open for an even fuller look.
- Baby’s breath has a strong fragrance that can be unpleasant (to some people) in large quantities. Avoid using in masses on dinner tables if you’re a scent sensitive person!
- Baby’s breath can be manipulated and trimmed/sculpted to create round forms for pomanders and topiary-style arrangements.
- Very well suited for installation work, baby’s breath can be kept out of water for long periods – perfect for archways, pew markers, garlands, and other decor.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of babies breath:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 2-3 bunches