Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Sunflowers give a sunny, cheerful look to summery wildflower bouquets and arrangements or a rustic hue to an autumn-themed event.
- These large blooms are very impactful (and heavy!) so you’ll only need a few stems for bridal bouquets or centerpieces.
- The size of every sunflower varies, they’re about 3- 4″ diameter.
- Some sunflowers will open up wide, and some will stay partially closed – part of the beauty of mother nature!
- After the petals fade – pull them off and you’ll be left with a beautiful pod-like stem for your dried arrangements
Number of Stems
- 5 stems per bunch
Flower Design Type
- Accent flower
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Specific Flower Care
- Due to their large head size, sunflowers can be a bit cumbersome to work with – have patience! They are very stiff, and will be slightly curved at the top of the stem.
- Sunflowers have heavy stems – consider weight when designing your bouquets.
- Submerging the stems briefly in a florist solution called “Quick Dip” and placing in warm water will encourage sunflowers to open to their full potential.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of sunflowers
- Bridal Bouquet: 3- 5 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1- 3 stems
- Boutineers: N/A – too large
- Corsages: N/A – too large
- Centerpieces: 1-3 stems
- Large Arrangements: 5- 10 stems