Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Sunflowers give a sunny, cheerful look to summery wildflower bouquets and arrangements or a rustic hue to an autumn-themed event.
- These large blooms are very impactful (and heavy!) so you’ll only need a few stems for bridal bouquets or centerpieces.
- The size of every sunflower varies, they’re about 3- 4″ diameter.
- Some sunflowers will open up wide, and some will stay partially closed – part of the beauty of mother nature!
- After the petals fade – pull them off and you’ll be left with a beautiful pod-like stem for your dried arrangements
Number of Stems
- 5 stems per bunch
Flower Design Type
Note that these aren’t available in winter, otherwise they’re around (they’ll be imported part of the year, part of the year locally sourced).
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Specific Flower Care
- Due to their large head size, sunflowers can be a bit cumbersome to work with – have patience! They are very stiff, and will be slightly curved at the top of the stem.
- Sunflowers have heavy stems – consider weight when designing your bouquets.
- Submerging the stems briefly in a florist solution called “Quick Dip” and placing in warm water will encourage sunflowers to open to their full potential.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of sunflowers
- Bridal Bouquet: 3- 5 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1- 3 stems
- Boutineers: N/A – too large
- Corsages: N/A – too large
- Centerpieces: 1-3 stems
- Large Arrangements: 5- 10 stems