Orange Pincushion Protea – 10 stem bu
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Pincushion protea is a striking tropical variety of flower that is unique, modern, and very long lasting.
- Bright orange or yellow needle-like petals give this flower its’ distinctive “pin cushion” appearance.
- A beautiful addition to any modern arrangement, a bright and colourful boho bouquet, or even as a statement stem with a mix of playful wildflowers.
Number of Stems
- 10 stems per bunch
Flower Design Type
For general flower care and unpacking instructions, visit our blog post here
Specific Flower Care
- Use sharp shears or clippers to trim stems at an angle and place into clean water (their stems are very woody).
- Careful not to pop off the heads of these beauties! They can be slightly delicate upon arrival. Flower heads that happen to break can still be used in low arrangements!
- Occasionally, pincushion may arrive feeling a bit soft – if so, place stems in very warm water upon arrival.
- Pincushions may arrive at varying stages of “opening” if petals are tight, place stems in warm water and recut after 24 hours. They will eventually open up!
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of pincushion protea:
- Bridal Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 2-3 stems
- Boutineers: N/A – too large
- Corsages: N/A – too large
- Centerpieces: 2-3 stems
- Large Arrangements: 10-15 stems