Ruscus – Italian
Ruscus – Italian
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- A classic foliage, Italian Ruscus greenery adds a dainty, soft touch to sweet and serene arrangements.
- Each stem features several laterals, covered in shapely green leaves, which are a bit shiny and waxy.
- Ruscus is making them an ideal backdrop for arrangements, table garlands, or centerpieces.
- Ruscus holds up well without water, even in hot weather. Its long lasting natures means that you might be able to re-use it for another event after yours!
Number of Stems
- Italian ruscus is bundled by weight. For bundles with long stems, there is 5ish stems. If bundles have shorter stems, there can be up to ten stems per bunch. The stem count can’t be determined ahead of time, so plan based on getting the smaller number of stems.
- Stems are 50-80 cm long.
For information about general greenery care and important notes about quality, check out our Care Guide
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. With greenery you don’t have to worry about crowding the same way you do with flowers.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the waterline of your containers, doing this will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Your greenery will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones and leaf shape of the greenery may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every stem will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don’t let this stress you out! It’s totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of ruscus:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches
I just LOVE the fresh Greenery! I’m a wedding coordinator and I always use YouFloral for eucalyptus and ruscus orders. Delivery is on time and the product never disappoints.