Shipping calculated at checkout.
- This leathery-leaved greenery is a great filler with its vibrant green color and unique texture.
- Use as a base for wedding bouquets, arrangements, garlands or whatever you are making.
- Very large bunch size and extremely cost effective
- Hardy and versatile – this variety last forever.
- This greenery is excellent for adding fullness to floral designs
Number of Stems
- Growers Bunch – 18-20 stems per bunch
This greenery can be hard to source in late June/Early July – if this happens we’ll let you know and suggest alternatives (pitt or nagi are good go-to’s)
For information about general greenery care and important notes about quality, check out our Care Guide
- If buying in large quantities, save yourself time and skip the processing! Keep bunches of salal in a loosely tied plastic bag in a cool, dark place. The humidity from the foliage in the bag will keep it fresh for several days.
- Some of the salal stems have quite a bit of foliage on them, use your pruners to cut them into multiple pieces if you’re looking for smaller sizes.
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. With greenery you don’t have to worry about crowding the same way you do with flowers.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the waterline of your containers, doing this will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Your greenery will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones and leaf shape of the greenery may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every stem will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don’t let this stress you out! It’s totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of salal:
- Bridal Bouquet: 5-7 stems
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 3-5 stems
- Boutineers: N/A – too large of leaves
- Corsages: N/A – too large of leaves
- Centerpieces: 4-5 stems – very large leaves, so not appropriate for small centerpieces
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches