Eucalyptus – Silver Dollar
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Silver Dollar Eucalyptus is an aromatic filler with a long vase life (it lasts for 1-2 weeks!).
- The branches are thin and bendable, making it great for decorative wreaths, arches, and garlands.
- Its large rounded leaves make the perfect background for a boutonniere and add fullness to a bridal bouquet.
- Each stems has multiple sprigs to work with, the stems are long, sturdy and durable.
- This variety is great to dry, simply hang it upside down in a well ventilated area. It takes a few days to dry, this tendency makes it great if you’re planning on using it fresh, as it can last quite a while out of water without drying.
- Use it on centerpieces, backdrops, table runners and so much more!
- Silver dollar is the most popular variety to use when making table garlands, check out our blog post here for tips on how to make one!
Number of Stems
- Growers Bunch – between 10 and 15 stems
- Average stem length: 15 to 20 inches
- Leaf shapes, sizes and color may vary depending on the time of the year.
- Depending on the time of the year, the leaf shape will vary from being diamond shaped to being round and circular.
For information about general greenery care and important notes about quality, check out our Care Guide
- Give everything a fresh cut (about 1 inch off), at an angle, with your snips and put them in fresh water. With greenery you don’t have to worry about crowding the same way you do with flowers.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the waterline of your containers, doing this will help prevent the growth of mold or bacteria which could cause premature wilting.
- Your greenery will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature, the exact color tones and leaf shape of the greenery may vary to some degree.
- IMPORTANT ** Not every stem will be perfect. I follow the 5% rule, meaning that out of 100 stems, 5 stems may break while unpacking, look a little too mushed, etc. Don’t let this stress you out! It’s totally normal and to be expected when dealing with fresh/live product.
Recipes are made to be tweaked, but here is a general rule of thumb for quantities of eucalyptus:
- Bridal Bouquet: 1/3 bunch
- Bridesmaid Bouquet: 1/4 bunch
- Boutineers: Sprigs
- Corsages: Sprigs
- Centerpieces: 1/4 bunch
- Large Arrangements: 1-2 bunches